Your Weekly Update
Pre-K through 4th grade students are invited to attend Children’s Church on Sundays during the month of June, beginning June 3rd. This interactive worship experience follows the children’s sermon during both worship services every Sunday. Adult leaders will lead students in a time of Bible lessons, music, crafts, and games in the Christian Education wing. Once worship is over, students will enjoy snack time while adults have a time of coffee and fellowship. Regular Sunday School will not meet during the summer and will resume in the early Fall.
Break the Cycle 200
(formerly Okoboji 200)
Again this summer the Okoboji 200 will be raising money for sex trafficking relief and prevention throughout the Midwest and the world. Pastor Clint will be riding again this year and anyone who would like to participate can visit https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/clint-loveall—break-the-cycle-200—okoboji-2018?utm_campaign=oc&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=crowdrise to learn more or make donations. You could also donate through the church.
Again this year we will be hosting riders after the ride, which is June 22nd, and serving breakfast the next morning at the church (June 23rd). If you would like to be involved with either of those efforts, please let us know. Thanks.
High School Mission Trip Logistics Volunteers Needed
If you are interested in helping plan a dinner and entertainment for the upcoming youth Mission Trip, please contact Pastor Michael who is putting together a small team to help organize some of the logistics of hosting our guests from New York City. The team’s work will mostly be handled via email and phone calls and will be very limited in time. Thank you in advance to our whole congregation who invests in these life changing mission opportunities!
Wednesday Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
Pictures of Dad
On Sunday, June 17th we will be honoring all dads on Father’s Day. Please bring us your favorite picture of “Dad” to be presented in a slide show presentation on Father’s Day.
PW Birthday Party at Accura
Mary/Martha Circle Bible Study of PW is hosting the June Birthday Party at Accura on Friday, June 29th. If you would like to join us, please call the church office at 336-1649.
The Worship Committee is in the process of making up the schedule for liturgists for the next 12 months. We really do appreciate all of the dedication and willingness of those who have served during our worship services in this capacity. Also, if you are interested in being a liturgist, please let Bob Peterson 332-6374, Cheri or Pastor Clint 336-1649 know by June 17th, so that we can add you to our list!
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Discovery House Porch Parties
June 7—Damon Dotson
June 11—Jessie James & The Outlaws
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Janice Clark on the passing of her husband, John, this past week. His Memorial Service is pending.
- Our sympathies are extended to the family of Phil & Pam DenHerder on the passing of Pam’s brother, Bruce, this past week.
- Our sympathies are extended to the Darleen Narey family on her passing this past week. A Memorial Service will be held on Monday, June 25th at 11am here at FPC.
- Dean Poyzer is under Hospice Care at Good Samaritans in Estherville.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing from a fall at Accura.
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Terry Bartels has health concerns.
- Shirley Gould dealing with medical issues.
- Cory Krieger having surgery on June 7th.
- Russ Thomson who has moved in to Accura.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- John Heim recovering from a fall.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Mary Ann Jansen recovering at home.
- Wayne Johnson recovering from tear duct surgery.
- Jim Watts, Sr. recovering from surgery.
- Amy Sill recovering at home after a fall.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Michael May who is having blood tests.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Lindsay Fitzgerald dealing with health issues..
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Melody Peyton is battling cancer.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 1pm
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- PW Sewing – 9am
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Charlene Radcliffe
Liturgist – Becki Huisenga
Ushers – Dennis & Joyce Colton, Lisa Richter & Bob Peterson
Greeters – JoAnn Asa & Norm Meinking
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers &
Nursery – Angie Peterson & Coral Sweeney
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jack & Margie Burrell
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Serena Lynch, Meghan Humphrey, Adrie Stecker, Dave Graanstra, Dave Boon, Gary Lambert
Greeter/Usher – Marcia VanRoekel
Nursery – Teresa Beck
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Logan Sill
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA