Your Weekly Update
Youth Mission Trip
The Youth Mission Trip participants will be serving the St. Francis House of Sioux Falls, SD on their upcoming mission trip. The Congregational Life is gathering items to donate for the physical needs of their residents.
The St. Francis House’s mission statement: Moving people from homelessness to hope.
- Basketball shorts (any size)
- Med-Large T-shirts
- Socks (any size)
- Underwear (any size)
- Sports Bras (any size)
- Foot powder
- Light bulbs
- Sharpie Markers
- Postage stamps
- Post it notes
- Scotch tape
- Coffee Creamer
- Feminine hygiene products
Thanks for considering donating to this ministry. We can touch this ministry not only by having our youth serve them in person, but also assisting in their physical needs. You may bring donations to the wagon and/or boxes in the Narthex. Please have donations to the church by Sunday, July 8th.
VBS 2018 Registration is now open!
VBS will be held July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. Visit fpcspiritlake.org/vbs to register your Pre-K through 6th grader for our week of Rolling River Rampage fun! Kids will be assigned to classes based on the grade they have completed. Cost is $5 per child up to $20 per family and includes a free music CD. Early registration is appreciated to help us assign the appropriate number of shepherds for each class. We can’t wait to see you!
July 16th—Valley Fair Trip
On the final day of the mission trip, students in 7th-12th grades are invited to join us for a day of fun and fellowship at Valley Fair in Shakopee, MN. Don’t miss out on this day filled with tons of fun on the roller coasters and waterpark! Those attending the mission trip are already registered for this fun day. Any other 7th-12th grade students (and their friends) are welcome to register for this event separately. There is no cost for your transportation or admission to the park. For more information and to register, go to our website fpcspiritlake.org/register.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
The Okoboji Foundation is pleased to announce that the $5,000 July Nonprofit Challenge will again be taking place. The way the challenge works is that we encourage others to join you in a gift of any size. The Nonprofit with the highest amount received in July, over $5,000, wins an additional $5,000. To give you may go to GiveOkoboji.com and click on First Presbyterian Church link or you may make a check payable to FPC with OK Foundation in the memo.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
Discovery House Porch Parties
July 9—John Senn & Friends
Aug 13—Bill Carpenter
Sept 10—Glenn Henriksen
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Mary Landen suffering with Parkinsons and Alzheimers.
- Chevelle, baby who is very ill in Rochester.
- Jim Watts, Sr. rehabbing at a facility in Omaha.
- Terry Bartels recovering from surgery and good report.
- Bennett Stecker has taken his last treatment.
- Merrill Sebastian recovering from a stroke.
- Michael May, Jr. having more tests.
- Hannah Brumley’s Grandpa Charlie has infection in his foot.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Russ Thomson at Accura with transition care.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Macy Jennings going through treatment/recovery of lyme disease.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement in Hawarden.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Shirley Gould dealing with medical issues.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
July 4th – Office Closed
- No Weekly Prayer
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Welcov – 2:45pm
- No PW Sewing
- Deacons Meeting – 6:30pm
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Pianist – Rachelle Gewecke
Liturgist – Margie Burrell
Ushers – Doug & Karen Kaiser and Bob & Lynn Peterson
Greeters – Tim, Meredith & Thea Ennema
Video Taping – Keith Brockmeyer
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Tom Ditsworth & Pat Butler
Nursery – April Krull & Lisa Kraus
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jake & Ruth DeJong
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Kari Bruinsma, Brianna Pratt, Adrie Stecker, Kaitlyn Nelson, Rachelle Gewecke, Dave Graanstra, Dan Hoerichs, Gary Lambert, Logan Newhouse
Greeter/Usher – Brad, Teresa, Ella, McKenna & Olivia Beck
Nursery – Natasha Nelson & Molly VanDyke
Sound/Power Point – Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA