Your Weekly Update
Volunteers Needed for VBS!
Calling all volunteers! We are excited for our VBS week coming up, and we need many hands to make this a fun-filled week for the kids of the community. Please consider volunteering your time during the week of July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. You can call the church office or use the link below to sign up for volunteering. We look forward to seeing you at VBS! WE ONLY HAVE FOUR POSITIONS LEFT TO FILL!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
VBS 2018 Registration is Open!
VBS will be held July 30th-August 2nd from 8:30-11:30am. Visit fpcspiritlake.org/vbs to register your Pre-K through 6th grader for our week of Rolling River Rampage fun! Kids will be assigned to classes based on the grade they have completed. Cost is $5 per child up to $20 per family and includes a free music CD. Early registration is appreciated to help us assign the appropriate number of shepherds for each class. We can’t wait to see you!
Donations needed for VBS!!!
Hello! As we prepare for a fun, white-water rafting themed VBS week, we are looking for 10-12 fir trees to be loaned for decorations (the kids will not be playing with or using these trees, they are just for looks). If you have a tree or several you would be willing to let us use for the week of July 30th-August 2nd, please let the office know or you can email Rachelle Gewecke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
VBS Snacks Needed
Just a reminder that we are in need of snacks for Vacation Bible School. If you are willing to help, the sign-up sheet is located in the narthex.
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study held on Wednesday evenings at 6pm will continue through the summer. The Bible Study will be held upstairs at Rabab’s Coffee Shop on Tuesday mornings at 9am. They will be studying the gospel of John and continues to be led by Rachelle Gewecke.
Reforming (2nd)Service Ushers/Greeters Needed
We are in need of Ushers/Greeters for our 2nd Service. Responsibilities include distributing bulletins and greeting worshippers at the center sanctuary doors as well as taking a head count of worshippers (including praise and worship team and those in the nursery. A sign-up sheet is located in the narthex. Sign up for one week or whatever works with your schedule.
The Okoboji Foundation is pleased to announce that the $5,000 July Nonprofit Challenge will again be taking place. The way the challenge works is that we encourage others to join you in a gift of any size. The Nonprofit with the highest amount received in July, over $5,000, wins an additional $5,000. To give you may go to GiveOkoboji.com and click on First Presbyterian Church link or you may make a check payable to FPC with OK Foundation in the memo.
Ladies….of all ages:
Coffee break time every Thursday morning, 8:30 AM is at Lakes Regional Healthcare Coffee Shop. No agenda, just get together with friends and a little chit chat.
Questions: Call Lori Vicker at 515-249-6684.
- Jennie Heathcote battling with cancer.
- Syl Rost battling with cancer.
- Pat Butler recovering from hip surgery.
- Paul Ostendorf battling health issues.
- Elaine DenHerder recovering from an accident.
- Chevelle, baby who is very ill in Rochester.
- Jim Watts, Sr. rehabbing at a facility in Omaha.
- Terry Bartels recovering from surgery and good report.
- Bennett Stecker has taken his last treatment.
- Merrill Sebastian recovering from a stroke.
- Michael May, Jr. having more tests.
- Hannah Brumley’s Grandpa Charlie has infection in his foot.
- Laura Fagen’s mom, Pat.
- John Heim at the spinal hospital.
- Russ Thomson at Accura with transition care.
- Martha Woodard as she transitions to Accura.
- Macy Jennings going through treatment/recovery of lyme disease.
- Jan Richards dealing with health issues and tests.
- Steve recovering from farm injury.
- Kathy Huitink recovering from pacemaker replacement in Hawarden.
- Glen Hundley rehabbing at Accura from a fall .
- Ashley Dreeszen recovering from 2nd back surgery.
- Shirley Gould dealing with medical issues.
- Cory Krieger recovering after surgery.
- Kathy Nygaard navigating cancer treatments.
- Marilyn Grice recovering from knee replacement surgery.
- Elsie Graanstra recovering from hip surgery.
- Andrew Stroman hospitalized in Sioux Falls.
- Isidro Pena recovering from a seizure.
- Miles Butler receiving a pacemaker.
- Garrett Goodell going to mayo for surgery.
- Carly Lewis having medical issues.
- Jay Anderson recovering from a kidney transplant.
- Larry Gearke is battling cancer.
- Sheila who had a heart attack.
- Todd Schuelka recovering from surgery.
- Jan Lange stage 1 breast cancer.
- Randy Cauthren kidney transplant needed.
- Jen Prentice recovering from surgeries.
- Kathryn Hansen recovering from pneumonia, influenza A and the flu.
- Mandy Rodger, niece of Doug Stueven, having health issues.
- Kevin in hospice.
- Bob Huls with stage 4 colon cancer.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 9am
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sound System Meeting – 10:15am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- No PW Sewing
- Bible Study led by Rachelle Gewecke – 9am held at Rabab’s Coffee Shop
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Dennis Colton
Ushers – Doug & Karen Kaiser and Bob & Lynn Peterson
Greeters – Jack & Sherryl Jones
Video Taping – Dan Vicker
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Milt Nolting
Nursery – Angie Peterson & Grace Radcliffe
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Ray & Diane Tucker
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team – Liz Steiner, Kaitlyn Nelson, Carter Lambert, Adrie Stecker, Rachelle Gewecke, Dave Graanstra, Dan Hoerichs, Gary Lambert
Greeter/Usher – Marcia VanRoekel
Nursery – Kari Bruinsma
Sound/Power Point – Tillotson family
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA