Your Weekly Update
Ash Wednesday Service
Join our congregation as we begin the season of Lent with an Ash Wednesday service in our Sanctuary on Wednesday March 6th at 7pm. This is a deeply meaningful service for both young and old and an amazing invitation to walk as Jesus walked on his journey to Calvary.
Cherish Center’s Baby Bottle’s Due!
Please be sure to return your filled baby bottle’s to the church as soon as possible! We will be returning them to the Cherish Center to be a blessing to them and their ministry.
Women’s Bible Study
Women’s Bible Study will continue on Sunday evening in the church Fireside Room (our usual room) at 5pm. We are going to look at Paul’s letter to the Ephesians. We will discuss one chapter per week for 6 weeks, at which point it will be time to begin meeting at our Wednesday time again.
Hopefully you can also rejoin us when we go back to Wednesday nights at 6 beginning on March 13th.
No Apologies on March 13th
All 7th-12th grade students are invited to join us for this year’s No Apologies conference. We will eat Pizza Ranch at the church at 4:15pm and will leave for Spencer at 4:45pm. Please invite your friends to join us for an evening of fun and encouragement! Remember that there is no cost for this event.
March 6th: Faith and Art (Kari Bruinsma)
March 13th: Spring Break (7th-12th grade No Apologies Conference)
March 20th: 3rd Semester Kickoff
Wednesday, March 6th: Meal: Loaded Chili Dogs
Meal Crew Helpers Needed!!
- Mickey Arneson ankle replacement surgery today.
- Margaret Plunkett entering hospice care in Denton, TX.
- Marvin Stockdale recovering from surgery.
- Gary Hansen recovering from knee surgery.
- Jim Radcliffe prayers for a successful heart surgery.
- Wayne Goetsch being treated for cancer.
- Maxine Bartels recovering at home from a compression hip fracture.
- Monique Nolting recovering from surgery.
- Colin Jensen being retreated for cancer.
- John & Jacinda Tracy and baby Braelynn, born at 24 weeks, Doug Stueven’s niece and family.
- John Heim recovering at home.
- Denise Beimer receiving chemo treatments.
Loved ones are kept on our prayer list for one month, unless otherwise requested.
- Weekly Prayer – 4:45pm
- Recharge – 5:30pm
- Ash Wednesday Service – 7pm
- Handbell Choir practice – 7:45pm
- HS Youth Group – 7:45pm
- Chancel Choir practice – 8pm
- Men’s Bible Study – 9am
- ACT II – 11:53am (at the HS office)
- No PWCT
Girl Scout Sunday
- Reformed Worship Service – 8:50am
- Coffee and fellowship – 10am
- Sunday School – 10:15am
- Confirmation – 10:15am
- Adult Ed – 10:30am
- Reforming Worship Service – 11:15am
- Worship Service at Accura – 2:00pm
- Lenten Soup Supper – 5pm
- Deacons – 6am
- Women’s Bible Study – 1:30pm
Reformed Worship Service ~ 8:50am
Organist – Eulyn Riemersma
Liturgist – Youth Liturgist
Ushers – Ryan & Erin Davelaar and Brett & Nancy Thacker
Greeter – Dayle Broocks & Sharon Caskey
Video Taping – Milt Nolting
Soundbooth – Jackie Jenkins, Mike Reekers & Pat Butler
Nursery – April Krull
Coffee & Treats – Ron Jenkins, Jim & Mary Quitno
Reforming Worship Service ~ 11:15am
Praise Team: Liz Steiner, Annika Stecker, Gary Lambert, Nathan S, Kevin Grems & Rachelle Gewecke
Usher/Greeter: Paul Johnson
Nursery: Stacy Howard
Sound/PowerPoint: Chris & Brice Pratt
Read your Newsletter here
This email was sent to
why did I get this? unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
First Presbyterian Church · 3501 Hill Ave · Spirit Lake, IA 51360 · USA